From 1 July 2014, if a skills assessment is mandatory as part of a visa application, it will only be valid for a period of 3 years from the date of issue, unless a shorter validity period is specified on the assessment.
A skills assessment must be valid at the time of lodgement for the following visas:
- Direct Entry stream of the Employer Nominated Scheme (subclass 186) visa;
- Direct Entry stream of the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (subclass 187) visa; and
- Graduate Work stream of the Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) visa.
A skills assessment must be valid at the time of invitation to apply through SkillSelect for the following visas:
- Skilled—Independent (subclass 189) visa;
- Skilled—Nominated (subclass 190) visa; and
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) (subclass 489) visa.
These changes do not affect the Temporary Work (Skilled)(subclass 457) visa.